Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Robert Frost -Opening the Blogfloor to Poetry

It was a peculiar morning, with which I don't know what to do.
It was sunny & warm with a freezing wind blowing every now and then. I was both feeling frustrated at myself, and still great to have beautiful people around (physically and/or spiritually) that took care of me.

For no particular reason, I like Frost. He was there last night with me, and reminded me of something of great importance at that very instance, so we had a small moment ;)
And hence, I thought I should share it with you.

From here on the blogfloor is open to poetry of your choice as well...

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I’ve tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

Fire and Ice, 1920

Ah, when to the heart of man
Was it ever less than a treason
To go with the drift of things,
To yield with a grace to reason,
And bow and accept the end
Of a love or a season?

from Reluctance

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

from The Road Not Taken, 1916


1 comment:

Ümit Şahin said...

"The Road not Taken" is a perfect "words of wisdom". I loved it a lot. And many people believed that in ages and some still believe. The problem is that road not taken recently became so much popular and established in a way that we really need to create another roads not taken, but not the given one in the woods. That is what really makes us lose our way many times, and what makes us depressed. But never giving up is astonishing. So never give up to create first and then keep up our own way.