Friday, July 07, 2006

Visit 1. U.K. (Colchester + London)

Tomorrow I will be travelling to U.K. once again... This time I had to give my fingerprints to get a visa. Last time (in 2001) all I had to do was to go to the Embassy in Tokyo and tell the person that interviewed me that I had no intentions of getting married there.

The reason of my visit is to attend a course on Social Network Analysis at Essex Summer School in Social Science, Data Analysis and Collection -at least for the first two weeks. Then I will be in London doing some interviews (finally, I will be on the field!!!) and will have a few days off so that I can visit Victoria and Albert Museum (that has a Che Guevara Exhibition as well as one on Modernism) and both Tate Galleries. Modern is always good to visit and there is a Kandinsky Exhibition till October. But as the theme of this visit will be the Pre-Raphaelites, I want to see the five Rossetti paintings at Tate Britain as well.

I think I managed to find a place to go where the weather will be exactly the same as in Amsterdam. -I know Ipswich is a little colder than Colchester where Essex Uni is, but that was as close as I could find on the web.

I will report from England next time. Till then!

No comments: