Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Back from Indonesia



Or at least, almost back... Or at least most of me...

It was a long holiday for my standards, but it was even longer considering the number of islands I
travelled (5), and the density and changes in my moods, thoughts and emotions (infinite). Not to mention the variety among, and the biological and cultural diversity on each of those islands, namely Bali, Sumatra, Java, Lombok, and Gili Trawangan.

I will slowly write the story but for starters, here are some pictures from Bali, where I spent most of my time. I stayed there for the first two weeks of my indonesia trip and the last two days. I was in the ocean trying not to hear the countdown in the new years eve. I have been in Bali before, and maybe because of that it was the least intense part of my trip.

First few days I stayed at Seminyak (three bays north of Kuta beach, much less noisy, much less crowded, and a bit less touristic although you cannot easily say that for anywhere in the southern part of Bali). Then I was at the conference site in Nusa Dua for 5 days and then back in Seminyak. These photos are from those two weeks.

I'm still adjusting being back home and I cannot say it is not a painful process. I will try to relieve some of it through blogging each and every step of this brilliant trip in the next few days... But you can already check the blogs of other that were there with me. Sander (Yet I Will Rejoice) and Rob (The Change) already wrote about their own trips some of which I was lucky enough to share.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey hey! I wanna see more where that came from. Definately wanna read about your view on the trip and ofcourse what you've seen and did before teaming up with the chillsquad!